How to Get the Philippines SRRV Residency For As Little As $1,500

Dateline: Kuala, Lumpur, Malaysia

Several years ago, I visited the island of Palawan in the Philippines looking for opportunities in the outer regions of the country. I arrived at the Puerto Princesa airport ready for a scouting trip and was met with a natural paradise.

On my first night there, I walked through a simple bamboo gate into the restaurant KaLui and felt like I had been transported to Hawaii. I was surrounded by a lush garden decorated with tikis and other Polynesian décor; a quiet breeze enveloped the atmosphere.

I had removed my shoes at the door, as requested, and sat among the bamboo for an open-air, old-school Filipino dining experience with a level of sophistication. Puerto Princesa is a seafood hub, so I ordered the local blue marlin, which came with fantastic local vegetables and a sweet mashed potato.

On top of that, the restaurant brought me a seafood broth appetizer and a fresh fruit dessert, completely out of the blue and on the house. Together, with a fresh coconut juice, the entire meal cost me all of $7.50 with the tip.

How many places can offer all of that for such a great price?

As much as I love living in big cities, the relaxing nature of the evening and the entire trip was a welcome respite from the often-pressing demands of life. The fact that it all came for a fraction of the price I’d pay anywhere else was just the cherry on the top.

The Philippines has been growing by leaps and bounds as of late thanks to economic reforms. While Manila has seen the greatest development, tourist locations like Puerto Princesa are growing as well. And yet, prices remain low. It is the perfect combination of development and affordable living.

For those looking to escape the hustle and stress of big city life, Puerto Princesa could have your name on it. But it’s only one of the many cities in the Philippines perfect for those looking for a slower pace of life.

While we frequently discuss opportunities for young bootstrapping entrepreneurs to live in places like Southeast Asia and get their startup off the ground for half the cost, it can also be a wonderful place to retire. In fact, I’ve named the Philippines one of the best countries that Americans can comfortably relocate to, including for a comfortable retirement.

And in the Philippines, you can “retire” at a very young age. Not only is it possible to retire in the Philippines and live on as little as a couple hundred thousand dollars (or a few hundred thousand more for a luxury lifestyle) but the country also offers a visa program that would allow you to do just that — even in your thirties.

If you have a little bit of money to deposit in a local bank, you could qualify for the Philippines Special Retiree Resident Visa (SRRV) and retire to a tropical paradise where you can stretch your dollar anywhere in the country, from its fast-growing cities to its thousands of beaches.

And you can be sure that the Philippines will welcome you with open arms.

The Philippine government has created an agency that is entirely dedicated to processing your application and helping you settle in once you arrive. While you’ll want to travel to the Philippines yourself and check out at least a few of its 80 provinces, 17 regions, and 138 cities before you decide to retire there, here’s what you need to know to successfully apply for and obtain the Philippines SRRV.

What is the SRRV?

how to retire in the Philippines

With Special Retiree Resident Visa (SRRV), you get numerous perks, including multiple entries to the country, and a great quality of life with very affordable prices.

The SRRV is the Special Resident Retiree’s Visa that is issued by the Philippines Bureau of Immigration under the retirement program of the Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA). It gives the holder the privilege to multiple entries to the Philippines and the right to permanently reside in the country.

As an agency of the Philippines Department of Tourism, the main goal of the PRA is to attract foreign nationals and former Filipino citizens to invest, live, and retire in the country as a means of advancing the socio-economic development of the Philippines and increasing the country’s foreign currency reserve.

They mean to do all this by offering “retirees” the best quality of life in an attractive retirement/investment package. And, if you think you’re not old enough to retire in the Philippines, think again. The Philippines retiree’s visa is one of the easiest to get, with one of the lowest age requirements in the world — just 35!

Occasionally, I think of how old I am by pondering “just two more years until I can get an SRRV. While many of our readers are highly successful and younger than 35, the Philippines SRRV program has a much lower age restriction than, say, Belize. Only Malaysia’s MM2H program – which is a quasi-retirement visa – is easier with no age limit.

So far, they have had great success in attracting new residents. The PRA reports that they have issued 27,000 SRRVs so far to citizens of 107 countries. Of those new residents, 38% were Chinese, 27% were Koreans, 10% were Japanese, and 6.5% were North Americans.

Those who obtain the SRRV receive a special photo ID card and a PRA visa inserted into their passport.

4 SRRV Categories & Fees

how to retire in the Philippines

If you’re seriously thinking of retiring in the Philippines, you need to know and explore your options, and for now, there are four to consider.

The PRA offers four different types of SRRVs suited to different ages, nationalities, and types of investors and retirees.

SRRV Smile

The Smile visa is the simplest visas to obtain as long as you are healthy, active, and able to deposit $20,000 in an approved Filipino retirement account and keep it there unless and until you choose to cancel your SRRV. Anyone 35 to 49 years old can apply.

Unlike other SRRV programs, the Smile program does not allow you to deploy your capital into an investment. It is, however, relatively straightforward. Your $20,000 deposit allows you to live in the Philippines on an annually renewable basis and you can pay extra for dependents.

And the list of requirements to apply is pretty short: a medical clearance and police clearance in the Philippines are as bad as it gets.

SRRV Classic

The Classic visa gives you more flexibility which is probably why it is the most popular visa for retirees. Applicants between the ages of 35 to 49 can obtain the Classic visa with a $50,000 deposit while anyone 50 or over can qualify with a deposit of just $10,000 for those who can prove a guaranteed monthly income of $800 for individuals or $1,000 for couples. Those 50 or over who cannot prove monthly income can still obtain the visa by depositing $20,000.

Guaranteed monthly income can include your Social Security pension. The annual letter from the Social Security Administration stating your benefit amount is sufficient proof of income. Because of the high volume of retirees in the Philippines, the staff at the US embassy there is trained to help you with Social Security services. You can have your check sent to the Embassy where you can pick it up, or you can set up direct deposit to a bank in the US, but you cannot currently have your check deposited in a local Filipino bank.

The SRRV Classic program is unique in that it allows you to convert your deposit into an investment, including an investment in a condo ready for occupancy (no pre-sale purchases of condos). However, your deposit must be at least $50,000 in order to be convertible.

SRRV Courtesy

The Courtesy visa is for former Filipinos who are 35 years of age or older, as well as for foreign nationals age 50 or above who have served as diplomats, ambassadors, or as officers or staff of an international organization (like the UN or the Asian Development Bank) in the Philippines.

If you are married to a former Filipino citizen who lost their citizenship, you could reclaim their citizenship through the Philippines dual citizenship program; however, if they only want to reside in the Philippines, you could save thousands of dollars by having your spouse apply for the Courtesy visa instead and include you in their application as a dependent.

Between the application fees ($1400 for the main applicant and $300 for the spouse) and the reduced deposit amount of just $1500, you could obtain two residencies in under two weeks and for less than $3500. Even compared to the $10,000 deposit required for the Classic visa, this is a deal.

SRRV Human Touch

The Human Touch visa is for retirees 35 years old and above who have a need for medical or clinical services. We’ve talked about medical tourism on the blog and YouTube channel before, and the Philippines is a growing medical tourism destination for expats, especially for dental work.

If you have a pre-existing medical condition, the Philippines Retirement Authority offers a solution in the form of the SRRV Human Touch Visa. This program is the same as the basic retirement program, but it reduces the non-convertible deposit to $10,000 on the basis that you’ll be paying to receive care in the Philippines. You just need a small monthly pension.

The Philippines is not the best in the region for health care (those honors go to Malaysia and Thailand). However, you can find care in the big cities that rivals that of many American and European countries.

Allowances & Privileges

how to retire in the Philippines

It doesn’t particularly matter what your nationality is – Filipinos are quite lenient and probably won’t deny you residency because of your passport.

Each of the separate programs shares several allowances and privileges. They include:

  • The ability to include your spouse and one unmarried dependent below the age of 21 with the original application and deposit amounts. You can add as many dependents as you would like after that as long as you make an additional $15,000 deposit per dependent.
  • Few restrictions on nationalities. They will accept basically anyone who can make the required deposit.
  • No exit clearance and re-entry permit requirements.
  • Permanent residency. There is no need to secure extensions for your stay beyond paying the annual $360 fee (which covers three family members).
  • No requirement to obtain the ACR I-Card (Alien Certificate of Registration Immigration Card) from the Bureau of Immigration.
  • Exemption from Travel Tax if your stay is less than a year from your last entry date.
  • Dependent children included in the program do not have to obtain a Study Permit or Student Visa.
  • Tax-free remittance of your annuities and pensions.
  • Guaranteed repatriation of your deposit if you choose to cancel.
  • One-time tax-free and custom-duties-free importation of household goods and personal effects up to $7,000.
  • PRA assistance to obtain basic documents from other government agencies including an Alien Employment Permit, a driver’s license, a tax exemption/extension certificate, a tax identification number, and your National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance.
  • Interest on your foreign currency deposit is tax-free and paid to you in Philippine Pesos (PHP). You can convert your foreign currency deposit into Philippine Pesos, but interest will be subject to a withholding tax.
  • All SRRV holders can apply for Philippine citizenship, although you will need to have resided in the Philippines for a period of ten continuous years before you can apply. However, you can reduce the time to five years if you have held a government office in the Philippines, established a new industry or introduced a useful invention, married a Filipino citizen, taught in the Philippines for at least two years, or were born in the Philippines.

Obligations & Restrictions

how to retire in the Philippines

There are some restrictions to be aware of. For example, the deposit money you put in the bank must stay there, unless you choose to invest it.

The residency also comes with certain obligations and limitations:

  • All SRRV deposits must be made in the Development Bank of the Philippines.
  • You must give written notice of any change in the information you provided in your application form, including your name, address, etc. within 30 days of the change.
  • A 30-day written notice is also required if you choose to terminate your participation in the program.
  • If you withdraw your deposit to convert it into an investment, you must pay a visitorial/monitoring fee equal to 1% of the total amount in PHP on an annual basis.
  • You must obtain an Alien Employment Permit from the Department of Labor & Employment if you plan to work in the Philippines.
  • Unless you invest your deposit money, you must keep your money in the bank. You cannot withdraw your deposit without written permission from the PRA.
  • You spouse can inherit the deposit when you die, but they must pay inheritance taxes on the amount before they can have access to the deposit (and they cannot use the funds to pay the tax).
  • Finally, you must follow all the rules and regulations of the PRA.

Investment Options

how to retire in the Philippines

One of the more peculiar investment options in the Philippines is the possibility to buy shares of a country club.

SRRV holders do have the opportunity to convert their time deposit into active investments after a 30-day holding period following the issuance of their SRRV. There are only a few areas, however, where an SRRV holder can invest their money.

The first option for investment is in a condominium unit. I have spoken before about the overheated condo market in the Philippines, but the country does have Asia’s highest rental yields around at 7.5% on average so it is worth your consideration.

Your second option is to put your money towards a long-term lease no shorter than 20 years for a house and lot, condominium, or townhouse. And your third option, curiously, is to purchase shares in a golf or country club.

Once you have invested your money, you can substitute one of the three options for one of the other investments. The value of the substituted investment must be of equal or higher value than the required deposit amount.

The investment options are limited because, in general, only Filipinos can own land in the Philippines. If you want to own land and you are not married to a Filipino citizen, there is still one way you can do so outside of your SRRV investment. Foreigners can invest in corporations registered with the SEC and then purchase land via their corporation. You can get some of the cheapest agricultural land in the world in the Philippines, so this is an option worth considering.

Required Paperwork and Application Fees

how to retire in the Philippines

Even filling out required documentation to get SRRV has been simplified, so that potential new residents don’t have to go through too much hassle.

You will need to present various documents and forms at the time of your application. They include:

  • Completed and notarized PRA application form;
  • Passport with current visa;
  • Medical examination clearance (either completed by a licensed physician abroad and authenticated by the Philippine Embassy, or a PRA medical certificate completed by a licensed physician in the Philippines);
  • Police clearance from your country of origin or, if you’ve stayed in the Philippines for more than 30 days prior to your SRRV application, you will need to obtain clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI);
  • Marriage contract;
  • Birth certificate;
  • 6 copies of 1”x1” and 6 copies of 2”x2” pictures;
  • Bank certification of dollar time deposit

You will also need to pay the following fees:

  • Application fee – principal applicant: $1,400
  • Application fee – dependents: $300/dependent
  • Annual fee – covers 3 family members: $360
  • Annual fee – additional dependents: $100/dependent

The Application Process

how to retire in the Philippines

It takes about seven days to finalize your application, and you can be sure that you will be treated with respect and kindness throughout the entire process.

The entire application process takes place in the plush PRA offices in the Citibank Tower in Makati which means you’ll never need to set foot in the Bureau of Immigration office. The staff is friendly and efficient, but you should still plan on spending about a week in Metro Manila to complete the entire application process.

You will need to make the deposit and submit the PRA application form along with all the other required documents to the PRA or the Philippine Embassy. Once your application is endorsed by the Bureau of Investigation, you must pay your fees.

Once you have submitted the application and followed all the other application steps, you can expect to receive your SRRV within seven to ten business days.

Is the SRRV for You?

how to retire in the Philippines

Maybe you’re still not thinking of settling down, but when that time comes, knowing that you have the option to retire in the Philippines could make a world of difference.

Many of our readers aren’t quite ready to retire to the Philippines, but the options available are good ones. When you realize that even retiring at 35 years old is indeed possible without a ton of money, it makes the Philippines seem a lot more attractive.

The warmer temperatures and lower cost of living – even compared to other countries in Asia – combined with the friendly nature of the locals make the Philippines an attractive destination on its own. The accommodating nature of the Special Retiree’s Resident Visa should make any potential retiree give the Philippines more serious consideration.

Andrew Henderson
Last updated: Dec 26, 2019 at 2:29PM


The Nomad Capitalist team has helped hundreds of people create and execute holistic offshore plans to help them legally reduce their taxes, become dual citizens, and live the Nomad Capitalist lifestyle of success

Learn More


  1. Jorge

    Hello there.

    Very interesting information. I have a question. The amounts mentioned on this article are in US Dollars or PH Pesos, Just guessing. By any chance is there any special restriction for a Mexican prospect.

    Thanks in advance

    • Philip Higgs

      Can I apply for a SRR visa while in the uk?

  2. Wenn

    Is srrv smile still updated for 2018?

  3. barry fox

    there seem to be some discrepancies with your listing compared to what the Philippine website states – namely – MARRIAGE CONTRACT! police clearance etc. This visa sounds perfect for me as an american – tired of spending time and PESO at the emigration office every month or 2 (as i travel in and out of country). I am retired with pension so i meet the basic requirements.

    • Douglas McManus

      I am retired and want to move to the Philippines and not have to apply for a visa every month. I Have a social security pension of 17,600.00 per year and a 5200.00 per year pay monthly from the U.S job. I want to buy a condo there. I have stayed there in August of 2018 for 27 days and am coming back December 5th 2018 to buy a condo there.I have a condo leased for 90 days December 5th on my name along with power and water bills.which retirement plan is best and most affordable for me.I was also in Singapore in June 2018 for 30 days but know Pj Filipino friends her and love them they are nice.I am a white male 63 years old and just had a physical and six shots for any health concerns there.I have a flew shot 30 days ago.I have a clean federal record licence licence,U.S. driver license, security card and Federal Trusted Traveler card. I have already talked to BOD bank about and account there.Can you please tell me what to do to expedite this. I will be so happy to be with great people and strong family ties and great cultures. Thank You for you help and please let me lnow ASAP so i can make sure i bring what i need from the U.S. I am going to buy a car and new furnishings there also.

      • Michael

        BDO bank are openly anti-foreigner now. I’d recommend you try Security Bank.

  4. Derek Christian

    I want to live in the Philippines and get Married to my girlfriend who is a Filipino.
    I also will buy us a home to live in.
    Would I qualify for an SRRV visa?
    And do I have to apply before I get there as my girlfriend said, come on a Holiday visa and then sort it all out when I am there.

  5. gerald

    Can I get an answer please to which Police clearance in Australia must I get for the SRRV, there are many levels and with and without fingerprints. I’ve been advised that any one will suffice and fingerprints are not necessary. But, I’m in Australia and wish to get the correct one. The fingerprints are as usual expensive in Australia.

    • Gunnar

      Hi gerald, I applied for SRRV two years ago and if they haven’t changed the rules fingerprints are not needed. PRA are very kind and can answer all your questions, just email them, see

    • NaN

      The Police clearance must be authenticated/verified by the nearest Philippines Embassy which in your case is n Sydney, Australia. You should contact the embassy and ask what type police clearance is needed for SRRV because they will be the one authenticating it.

      • Roland pawlak

        Oh I’m also applying for ssrv. I got a federal police clearance that’s the one with finger print So I took this clearance to embassy in Sydney .guess what they will not orthenticate it. You need to visit the passport office in lee street just up the road and make a appointment there they will put the orthentice seal on the document

  6. Rhodora cruz

    Good day i have korean boss and she want to withdraw her money for retirement visa..what is the procedure in doing withdrawal from DBP? what are the requirements to bring? Thank you very much

  7. Matt

    I have questions about corporations
    How many parents required to make the corporation

  8. Stephen Roth

    You people have not done your homework ,,, studied your own laws. I am a Amercan looking for a perminent visa. In this post you tell me to get a perminent visa I have to deposit cash into Philippine bank. This doesn’t work. I TRIED to open bank a account in Philippine bank. They told me I could not do that WITHOUT PERMINENT IDENTIFICATION (VISA). So your laws contradict themselves !!!!!

    • NaN

      Do not open a bank account or deposit money in just any bank. You are supposed to deposit money in PRA’s bank account. First contact PRA for a request of SRRV, then they will give you a letter of introduction. You take this letter to the designated bank branch and deposit the money.

  9. Patrick Hagn

    How about taxes with the SRRV Visa. My only income would be from gains of trading stocks in a brokerage account. I know I’ll still need to fill taxes on the US. Will I need to file and pay taxes in the Phillipines?

  10. vijay

    Fantastic information….. Can the Indian citizens also get the SRRV on same conditions or the rules are different. I am 64 and qualified advocate and a business consultant. No kids.. perfect health… any suggestions and comments on basic financial commitments to get SRRV for me and my wife…[email protected]

  11. Sharmain Go

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Sharmain Go, an accredited marketer from the Philippine Retirement Agency. I can help process your SRRV Application to help you have a hassle free stay in the Philippines.

    I coordinate all local application needs so that when you come to the country, you have prepared all necessary requirements for your application.

  12. Eric Roberts

    Hey Andrew,

    Firstly thanks for all your valuable info, I’m inspired to sign up for a 1:1 week, I’ll let your team know soon when it best suits our timing.

    A couple questions about this residency program. How suitable is this as a second or third residency? We travel a LOT and already have a couple passports, but looking for more options to broaden our horizons.

    Is there a minimum amount of time needed to be spent each year to maintain the residency status?

    • Andrew Henderson

      Hi Eric,

      Many countries we deal with do not require you to physically spend more than 0-14 days per year there, but it will depend on your needs. You should always consider all of the options. Feel free to email [email protected] and Jovana will get you squared away.

      • Eric

        Thanks Andrew, I have reached out and I am sorting out a timeslot for joining you on a mastermind. Looking forward to it 🙂

  13. Michael

    What is omitted from the “citizenship” section is the Philippines does not permit foreigners who do not have a Filipino parent to hold dual citizenship. So assuming you can cross the hurdles you will end up with a C-grade passport and have to get visas to travel almost everywhere in the first world. Which is probably why I have never heard of a foreigner (who does not have a Filipino parent and thus able to hold dual citizenship) become Filipino.

  14. Hilda E Miller

    I have a question. I have dual citizenship and my children. But my husband only the one who file SRRV. What is then the require documents for my husband to apply SRRV classic. Also, we are planning to buy a property.Can PRA still need the PRA deposit even if we will have property and he has retirement at the same time?

    • Stasa Momcilovic

      Hi Hilda, thank you for your comment!
      If you are interested you can send us your application and we’ll see how we can help you.
      Here is the link

  15. John Stanley

    SRRV Classic VISA
    I understand.. Deposit $10,000 and must be receiving $800 or more monthly income from SSI .
    But I would like to bring my(U.S.& Laos citizenship) son (age 12 yr. old ) with me to live there with me on my SRRV ClassicVISA?
    He also receives SSI monthly income from/through my SSI but less than $800 per month.
    Can i get my son in/on with my SRRV Classic as my dependent?

  16. Donald

    I think most of the Americans asking questions are dumber than ####, and can’t spell worth ####

  17. Edward

    Hello im considering to apply for a SRRV im a Canadian living in Toronto Canada age 58 yrs old ,my question is will I still qualify for this visa as back in 1986 I had a minor assault charge conviction nothing since then. Does your police clearance need to be 100% clean or are age,length of time from conviction and any time factors account into this. Other then that 1 minor conviction of 33 years ago going to be an issue? Please let me know .Thanks Edward

  18. Patrick Adams

    First, let me say that i learned quite a bit from reading your post. Like a lot of people looking for a great place to retire, I was looking at many other Islands to retire to. For many reasons i decided to look for other places. Fortunately for me, I run into a lady on FB that urged me to look at the Philippines. To find out more about the culture and climate,i came here and spent 3 months..After returning to the United States (Oklahoma to be more specific) I determined that i would return and marry the Lady i met online.So now begins my delima, I am 68, my new filipina wife is 64. I have been renewing my visa every 2 months since December. I had explored the SRRV plans shown on the website, but none describe my situation. when the courtesy srrv is for returning filipinos, my wife has never left the philippines. I am not a rich man and my ss payments are only 750 per month..Due to a fire that destroyed my home in the states, and my wife dying of cancer, my funds are small. I am wanting to start a business here in the Philippines on Palawan. so do you have any further information i should be aware of. Thanks

  19. Jay T.

    I understand the $10,000 deposit requirement for classic visa with pension, and that PRA will provide introduction letter for making deposit. My question is how the transaction is done there. By wire? Or certified check from U.S. bank? Essentially whether I need to bring funds with me or is everything handled by bank to bank transfer. Also will I be able to open separate bank account once I have visa? Many thanks for your help.

    • Stasa Momcilovic

      Hello Jay,

      Thank you for your comment!
      If you are interested you can send us your application and we’ll see how we can help you.
      Here is the link

  20. Tom P.

    Hello, how many years maximum can you lease a residential lot as a foreigner?
    And how many years mamximum if you have an SRRV visa?

  21. Junax

    Hi, I am a Filipino citizen. I would like to share some information regarding investing in a condominium or house. Assuming you are in the process or already have an SRRV visa.

    The Philippine constitution does not allow foreigners to own any property, house and lot specifically, under any circumstances. Even if you are or will be married to a Filipino to purchase a house and lot, the property will not be conjugal and can only be registered under the Filipino spouse’s name. I personally know this by experience because we bought a house and lot which was owned by an Australian and was married to a Filipino woman. When we checked the title, it was only registered under the wife’s name because the Land Registration Authority can’t register a foreigner as a part owner, even if they were married. So be careful if you buy a house and lot because if you separate or get a divorce, you will get NOTHING in case your Filipino spouse sells it. Or worse, he/she can dispose or sell the property anytime even without your consent.

    If you would like to purchase a house and lot, there are developers, not a lot though, that offer condominium houses. This is different from a multi-storey condominium in that these are practically house and lot. The difference is that the lot will be owned by the developer or homeowner association but the house itself is owned by the foreigner. For example, there is a land about 10,000 square meters. And in this land, there are about 50 houses. So the land will be owned by all people who bought a house in this land (home owner association). But the house is registered to the buyer. Even your front yard is owned by the association. This is no different from a typical high-rise condominium wherein the land on which the building sits on is still owned by the developer but the buyers are given a certificate of ownership for their flats/units. Except in a horizontal condominium, you own a house, not a flat.

    High rise condoniums you can buy anytime.

    • wesley thomas darnold

      heard you can get a land lease to protect your investment in a house .. the lease is for 50 years … and by that time I won t be here to worry about it…

    • Samantha L

      As a foreign husband married to a filipina, you need to note that even though the title is under your wife’s name, her civil status should be MARRIED and not Single. Because under the PH Law, wife has an option to use the husband’s last name, it is optional not mandatory, meaning she can still use her maiden name (before marriage) when she enters any contract, and if she is a bad woman, she will put her maiden name and single as her civil status. So guys be careful, it happened to my friend.

  22. kristoffer

    i was born, raised and educated in the philippines but never been a pilipino citizen. Both my parents were chinese till their last breath. I left philippines for USA when i was in my early 30s. Now i want to retire in the philippines.
    Am i qualified to apply for dual citizenship?

  23. Maricar Concepcion

    May I please get a contact information which I can call with an individual who may help me and my partner in the entire process as my partner is a German nationale he wants to retire here in the Philippines with me but we are not yet married. We would also want to get married later when the time is right not get married to get visa. So we would like to learn our options. I look forward to hearing from your good office. Please email me. I will give my contact number then. Many thanks.

  24. Lutfor

    Can I marriage my philipino girlfriend without my divorce papers or separated documents from my previous wife. I’m from Bangladesh . And I’m Muslim but she’s Catholic, can I be marry with philipino Catholic girlfriend, how much cost marriage ceremony in Philippine.

  25. George Philip

    I am from Holland EU and retired now, want to relocate to the Philippines. Is it possible to have first a tourist visa, and later on, say after 24 months or so an SRRV, so I have time to save up the 10k$ deposit?

  26. Marco

    Hi , if I invest 50K on a condo by SRRV classic, do I still need to prove guaranteed income $800 monthly?

  27. Dana Rozd

    I have a monthly income $1800.00 but do not have $10000.00 as deposit.
    Can I still apply for SRRV ?

  28. Jason

    Should include the new rules for former military over 50 with the SRRV Courtesy.

  29. Bobby

    Its very important to note that permanent residents of the Philippines (including SRRV holders) are BANNED from entering the country since March 19, 2020 and no end in sight. Even if the Philippines is your only home, if you were out of the country on or after March 19 you cannot return until a cure for COVID is found. I made the huge mistake of getting an SRRV visa last year and established a home in Makati, NCR. Now I can’t go there…my queries to Bureau of Immigration and to the COMPLETELY UNHELPFUL Philippine Retirement Authority go completely unanswered. Would love to hear from others in the same situation. Permanent residents have NO RIGHTS here.


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.