Andrew Henderson is the host of the Nomad Business Show, a weekly radio show that interviews successful entrepreneurs. Andrew has started several successful businesses in the US (and now around the world), including an $11 million broadcasting business that he started in his one-bedroom apartment at age 19.
Nomad Business Show – Episode #3
Guest: Aaron Marino
Company: Alpha M Consulting
Andrew interviews Aaron Marino, the stylish founder of information product Alpha M, which was seen on ABC’s Shark Tank. Aaron and Andrew talk about the parts of his business you DIDN’T see on Shark Tank, plus much more.
In this interview, Andrew and Aaron Marino discuss:
- The beginnings of Alpha M, and what motivated Aaron to start his business
- The differences he sees between a tangible product business model and an information product business model
- The challenge of acquiring male customers for a style product
- The best markets to sell a style product (including overseas), and lessons learned from geography
- Why lowering prices at Alpha M actually created a BETTER quality customer
- Challenging the conventional wisdom of the information product model
- Aaron’s thoughts on “moving the free line” and putting out great videos and other content
- How Alpha M balances online ad revenue and sponsorships with product sales
- Why the sharks on Shark Tank didn’t understand the Alpha M business model… or did they?
- Does Mark Cuban need to dress up?
- … and more!
This episode is now available exclusively to Members of The Nomad Society.
Want more great stuff like this?
- Subscribe on iTunes and get all of our latest episodes (most important!)
- Listen to past episodes and see what you missed
- Subscribe on Youtube for Andrew’s investing and business videos from the field
New to Nomad Capitalist?
Learn more about Andrew Henderson and how his perpetual travels can help you start or grow a better business, but reduce or eliminate your tax bill, lower costs, and get an unfair advantage against your competition.
Nomad Capitalist talks about more than just starting a business; we help listeners and readers like you achieve personal and financial freedom in places that respect your entrepreneurial drive. People seeking the freedom to work anywhere in the world have paid as much as $2,000 per person to attend our live events or be coached by Andrew personally.